Monday, March 9, 2009

The Latest Regarding KIm

What follows is an email recently sent by John (Kim's Lawyer) to Mum ...

Dear Jan,

We went to see Kim the week before last and I apologise for not having written sooner. I've had a lot of work.

She was happy and talkative. She is content to stay where she is for the present and continue with the work. She said that she will soon receive a contract for the work and an increase in pay.

She is receiving regular visits from friends.

On 22 December she will be eligible for some weekend releases. It seems certain that the first of those will be to David in Girona. Ascensión has spoken to him on the phone because it is necessary for him to register Kim with his local Town Hall.

There is the possibility that she could end up giving English classes to the warders as well as to other inmates.

That's good news about the reference for her from Australia. We need to get some references from China as well. It's not urgent. It would be better for some more time to pass before making the application. We expect to get a very good report from where she is at present, and with the passing of time, that report will be fuller and better.

You can be relaxed knowing that she is OK and not at all depressed. She was joking a lot with us and laughing.

Last Friday I had to go to Madrid, and while there I had to visit the Australian Embassy, so I took advantage of the visit to bring them up to date on Kim's situation.

I hope it's cooling down for you and that you have had some rain.

Regards

John

2 comments:

Sarah Zhang said...

Could someone ask John exactly when would be good to send the reference letter from her work at the hospital and where? To his address and if so, what is it? HR called to say the letter was ready.

Sarah (sarah.vossler@gmail.com)

Sarah Zhang said...

What is John's address? I have a letter from the hospital as a reference. sarah.vossler@gmail.com