Sunday, December 20, 2009

An Email from David (Kim's Friend)

Hio Jan, how are you?

Has been a long time...!

Two weeks ago I went to visit Kim. She looks really well, I think very much better than the last times I went to the previous prision: much pretty, much happy... and it's strange: this is a real prision! Very big, in the countryside, with a lot of people waiting quite long for just 20 minutes of visit with familiars and friends...

And yesterday Kim's lawyer phoned me: Kim asked for a week-end permision. She said than maybe the people in charge in the prison will phone me for an interview: they want to know me, know about my job, about my relation with Kim, where is my house, etc. OK, no problem. It will be easy.

Prior to go to visit Kim, I went to Wad-Ras, her first prision, for to take some of the clothes and books of her, and it was very funny because the policenem asked me to say "hello" to Kim from them.

I hope you are OK. Best regards!

David

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi everyone

Janice and I just went to see Kim over the past weekend. I definitely second what David says about a lot of people waiting a long time for their appointments! There was a lot of waiting involved.

Kim looks well, although she is still adapting to the new prison. In some respects, it is a bit more institutional than the last place, although I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Kim has everyone wrapped around her little finger.

She's still teaching yoga classes - 3 times a week now - and continuing to learn Catalan. She has started a new job, which seems to involve some sort of assembly line. She's getting paid much more for it than her old job at the kiosk and, although it's a bit boring for Kim's creative mind, she's trying to treat it as a working meditation.

Keep up the letters please ! Kim really appreciates them. I think it's even more important at the moment, because it's a transitional stage for Kim and at the moment she is feeling like she has even less contact with the outside world.

Jess, if you are reading this, Kim is very much looking forward to your visit. John passed your CDs to me and I then handed them to David to give to Kim. I'm not sure if they will be let through because they are not vacuum-sealed / plastic-wrapped, but Kim thinks that they might have relaxed the rules around this at the new place. Fingers crossed.

Kirsten

johannasweet said...

Jess, in a recent letter, Kim said she was listening to your music. So good news!
hanna

Racheleonie said...

Hello there!

Unbeknown to Kim or the prison at this stage, I'm hoping to visit Kim on the weekends of 4th-5th September and 11th-12th September (and during the week if permitted!)

So, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or information with regards to travel, e.g getting to/from the prison, or any other 'insider' tips from those of you who have been, eg, whether one can bring gifts in with one, etc?! I'm sorry if I've overlooked anything!

Look forward to hearing if at all poss,
Best wishes to you all,

Rachel
rachel@kiwikat.com