An email below from Roger Hambly who is currently in Barcelona
[Hi
I caught up with Kim yesterday. The only English speaking guard seemed genuinely pleased she had a visitor. Afterwards he approached me in the waiting room and said he had known Kim for 3 years, she was a pleasure and the thing he liked best about her was that she is always smiling! And he was right . She was very happy , upbeat and positive.
Kim is very well. She looked totally glam..well dressed, make up and earings....I felt like a very underdressed backpacker! She told me she wasnt surprised I got robbed because I look like such a tourist! Although she had no idea what i looked like she said she recognised me the nano second she saw me. Maybe she will take me shopping...
I have arranged to start trying to call her on her mobile from 9am on tuesday morning because she is not sure of the rules of her release vis a vis use of mobile phone. I told her I will stay in Barcelona as long as she wants me to, and we can go to a nice reasturant...it is up to her what she wants to do.
Obviouly she sends her love to all her famiuly and freinds. Other than that I just updated her about Maya and Max and Phil and Megs and my very limitied knowleddge of thge goings on in Ardlethan. We swapped a few travel stories. It wll be more fun having a chat over a low alchol beer on Tuesday.
Apart from that the only surprise was that she said she remebered Paul Coromandel as a very skinny boy. I think I will tell her on Tuesday he may have put on a few pounds.
Roger]
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment