Monday, October 8, 2007

The latest from Kim

Mum left this post in the comments section, but I thought it was better to bring it to the fore ...

[Kim rang this evening re contacting an english speaking lawyer which I am trying to chase up.
She was happy to hear that I had contacted you guys and she is looking forward to letters.She can receive clothing, shoes books. Any CD's must be new - not burned and in their original packaging.She will probably buy a discman. I will need to deposit money in an acc. for her at the consulate so she can buy toiletries, water, stamps etc. The long days are broken up by a language lesson, some gym. and sometimes dance and she is allowed outside for half an hour twice a day.
Still haven't heard back from the consulate in Spain. The case worker said that this is an unacceptable situation and she is doing her best.]


Scott

1 comment:

marta said...

Hi Kim's family and friends,

This is Marta, Kim's friend from Spain. I've just received an email from Anna telling me about Kim's situation. Unfortunately I am not in Spain right now, but I am trying to think how I can contribute.
Anna told me that Kim can only receive packages from Spain, and letters from abroad, so if she needs something I could contact my family to see what they can do about it. Besides, David, another guy from Spain who lived in China and knows Kim, lives in Catalonya, like one hour far away from Barcelona, so I am going to contact him to see if he can go to visit her.

If there is something else you think I can do to help, just let me know. I will keep in touch throug email and this blog.

Kim's family, please send her my best from here, and tell her that I will try to go to Spain in xmas.

Besos y abrazos

Marta